Website BAE Systems
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||York, PA, United States|
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems does the big stuff i.e. the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair, just to name a few.
The company is looking for a Welder who will set up and operate hand-held or machine-guided welding equipment, join and build up surfaces of materials in or out of position using positioners, fixtures, hand layout, or any other means using MIG wire, dual shield, flux core, submerged arc, TIG or stick electrode welding processes to weld assemblies as well as carbon arc gouging, plasma arc gouging, and oxy-acetylene cutting.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
- The candidates must have sufficient working experience (5 years) utilizing the tools, equipment, machinery, and materials.
- Handles materials to and from work area within the department, vehicle assembly, or assigned production line station manually or using jib or overhead cranes or other material handling equipment (such as electric manual hand truck) as required.
- Keeps equipment and area in a clean and safe working condition at all times.
- Receives instructions and work orders from Supervisor or Lead Person.
- Scarfs, cuts, scrapes, and grinds materials as necessary to prepare surfaces both for welding and subsequent process to include spatter and other foreign material removals.
- Sets up welding equipment including semi-automatic and/or machine-guided welding machines, connects the ground, and adjusts to proper voltage and amperage for the type of welding to be performed.
- Sets up, regulates pressure, and operates oxy-acetylene equipment to cut materials as needed.
- Uses personal computers or other data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code) as required.
- Uses required safety equipment such as a hood, safety glasses, sleeves, etc.
- Using fixtures or assemblies or fabrication points or positioners, sets up and tacks to point dimensions and finishes welding of parts in or out of position.
- Using prints, work instructions, Recorded Joint Weld Procedures (RJWP), and other available documentation, selects proper welding electrode or MIG wire and welding procedure, fuses parent metal, and deposits weld metal to form fillets, beads, plug, and butt welds.
- Verifies and documents conformity to job specifications.
- Works within the understanding that welded parts, as required, will be subject to x-ray, ultrasonic, air and water, and dye penetrant and magnetic (mag) particle testing.
- The written test must be able to pass the on-site, hands-on weld plate test.
- Must be able to pass an initial written test administered on-site to establish working comprehension of weld symbols, measurements, work instructions, etc.
- ITAR: U.S Citizen or Green Card Required
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. The company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.