Welder Job Highlights
|Hawthorne, NV, United States
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (required)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Apply accepted craft or trade techniques, good housekeeping practices, and safe, efficient work procedures.
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Complete assignments with oral and written instructions, available guides, and trade techniques.
- Determine necessary disassembly, type of repair, and materials needed.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Perform welder duties using electric, acetylene, or inert gas-shielded welding processes.
- Reads and understands Task Hazard Analysis for identifying risks to health and safety during job-specific tasks in the workplace.
- Responsible for determining work methods and layout.
- Responsible for reporting potential real environmental concerns to the Environmental Service.
- Weld repair weldable items assigned using flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions.
- Work involves planning, laying out work, positioning and clamping work, preheating metal, and maintaining temperature to prevent distortion.
- Work processes include preheating, brazing, head welding, tack welding, flame cutting, pressure welding, and heat treating; selection of type of rod and size of tip to accomplish weld, determining heat necessary, setting up and adjusting equipment, maintaining proper speed flame, motion, tip angle, and position to produce desired results.
- May be assigned occasional duties of a higher level of difficulty than those listed above.
- Performs other duties of the same or lower level of difficulty as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid State driver’s license.
- Must also be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of government security clearance as well as a clearance through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and be favorably vetted through the NCIC III System.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Hawthorne Army Depot (HWAD) site access.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all certifications as required by the Master Training Plan.
- Must be able to operate a computerized-based terminal.
- Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness safely. Perform safety-sensitive duties.
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment.
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, including any HWAD drill, contingency, or emergency requirement.
- Education with trade and or technical-level training is desirable.
- 4 years as an apprentice, including certifiable training, or 1 year as a journeyman welder is highly desired.
- Have a strong ability to complete assignments through oral and written instruction, available guides, and trade techniques.
- Must be able to accomplish assignments with a minimum of supervisory guidance.
- Possess the ability to use templates jigs, blueprints, and other guides to repair, modify, or fabricate metal items that must fit in assemblies where close tolerances are required.
- This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the requirements of the HWAD Medical Surveillance Plan and Matrix and the HWAD A&D Program. As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, drug testing, medical exam, and respiratory screening, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by 29 CFR and Army Regulations: AR 190-11, AR 190-13 and DOD Contractors Safety Manual 4145.26.
- The company offers a variety of benefit options including medical, dental, and vision plans; health care flexible spending; employee assistance plans; disability benefits; 401k savings plans; holidays and paid time off; tuition assistance program.
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.