Welder Job Highlights
|Toronto, ON, Canada
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is seeking a Welder who will weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders and provide training and oversight to more junior employees.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 years of experience as a Journeyman Welder
- Previous AWS or ABS Certification for steel and aluminum
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
- Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
- Constructs metal working projects according to specifications and drawings as supplied by the customer.
- Ensures all tools, personal protective equipment (PPE), and clothing issued remain safe, secure, and serviceable.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Lays out and marks points on parts or sub-assemblies using rule, square, scribe, or templates.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Position the pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
- A security clearance level of TS/SCI is required at the time of application and must be maintained.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, technical manuals, and drawings to perform work.
- Ensures all work is performed as outlined in safety analysis to ensure tasks are accomplished safely.
- Must be able to read and comprehend material or instructions contained in project drawings and specifications.
- Performs all work following established company safety procedures and policies.
- Possess the appropriate mathematic skills to perform any required calculations.
- Performs assigned systems tasks/efforts to include government-directed work schemes under general direction.
- Safety – Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements, fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality – Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to provide services that meet customer expectations consistently. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- Procedure Compliance – Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies about his/her job.
- Must be able to efficiently work in extreme temperatures; and work in an engine room or void spaces where there is no air conditioning.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- The company offers various benefit options including medical, dental, and vision plans; health care flexible spending; employee assistance plans; disability benefits; 401k savings plans; holidays and paid time off; tuition assistance program.
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.