Website Hth Companies
Welder Job Highlights
|Dayton, OH, United States
Hth Companies is an industrial services provider. The company offers mechanical insulation, scaffolding, industrial cleaning, and various other services.
The company is seeking a Welder who will be working mostly outdoors in industrial construction environments, performing a variety of tasks depending on the needs of the job scope.
Expected to set up, operate, and safely maintain welding equipment, with all safety devices always in use.
Also, be expected to service a variety of machines within the industrial setting to keep the plant in continuous production.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience
- Ability to pass weld tests, such as x-ray or hydrostatic
- Assist in insulation, scaffold building, industrial cleaning, job site cleanup, and preparation.
- Cut materials using tools to size to ensure adequate fit and quality of welds.
- Inspect angles, and gap allowances, and use precision measuring instruments.
- Participate and apply oneself while in training and when being mentored.
- Promote a safe workplace by participating in safety training, identifying job hazards, wearing correct PPE, and observing for oneself and others.
- Take care of company-owned or rented equipment returning in like manor.
- Use a grinder, hand file, or other tools to remove rough spots from the workpiece.
- Use hand tools safely.
- Weld various metals using electric, gas, arc, etc.
- Work in various weather conditions, in various settings.
- Prove proof of completed OSHA 10, or higher, within 60 days of the original hire date.
- Completion of various other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of various types of scaffold builds, such as independent access, birdcage, hanging, truss out, and tower (Preferred)
- Knowledge of basic tools and their applications
- Knowledge of different welding positions, procedures, and safety equipment.
- Strong math skills in basic math, algebra, and geometry.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather or buildings without heating or air conditioning
- Ability to follow all safe work procedures
- Ability to lay out projects and execute them effectively.
- Ability to work at above-ground elevations while wearing a harness and other protective equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in various weather conditions
- Adaptable in methods used to complete the task
- Excellent communication skills
- Follows directions of manager, lead, and superintendent and clarifies responsibilities if needed
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Motivated to learn new skills and trades
- Respect self, co-workers, managers, company, other contractors, and clients.
- Shows up on time ready to complete work
- Willing to go the extra mile for the team
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs. regularly
- Must be able to climb ladders repetitively
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for 8+ hours a day, including prolonged standing and walking, bending, and twisting.
- Ability to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, cleaning, shoveling, and painting.
- Ability to safely perform duties related to confined space work.
- Must be able to perform welding duties in numerous positions, such as flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- 401k (Company Match of 3%)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Supplemented Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Critical Illness and Group Injury Insurance
- Voluntary Dental
- Voluntary Vision
Hth Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit hthcompanies.workbrightats.com.