Website Riggs Distler
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Saugerties, NY, United States|
Riggs Distler Company is the leading provider of utility installation, repair, and construction services for the power, industrial, and electrical industries.
The company is seeking a disciplined, reliable, and highly motivated Welder who will be responsible for the welding and fabrication necessary to support our Fleet department.
- The applicants should be a Technical School Graduate or Equivalent
- The applicants should have 3 years of experience in welding and fabrication.
- Handle materials as needed by hand, overhead crane, forklift, and other material handling equipment.
- Layout, position, align, fit, clamp, and hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required preparation, configuration, and position for welding.
- Maintain work area in safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety regulations including wearing all required personal protection equipment (PPE) producing high-quality work.
- Prepare materials for welding, fit the components and perform welding process per drawing specification.
- Use tools of measurement for checking dimensions of parts; work to tolerances.
- Visually examine welds for quality.
- Weld components in all positions consistent with quality requirements.
- Ability to handle a physical workload.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, bills of material, and then layout material.
- Ability to work alone, and with others when needed.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Detail-oriented and experienced in MIG, TIG, and Stick welding
- Effective communication skills.
- Positive and motivated attitude.
- Strong work ethic: proven reliability, attendance, and punctuality.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 15% Travel
- Routine use of standard office equipment including phones, computers, photocopiers, etc.
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness programs
- Education Assistance
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Open communication
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies, and paid holidays
Riggs Distler & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit riggsdistler.com.