Website GE Aviation
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Dayton, OH, United States|
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial, military, business, and general aviation aircraft.
The company is recruiting a Welder who will perform essential duties and responsibilities in service cells which include welding components and manufacturing operations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and successful completion of a TIG welding training course (formal or informal program) or previous experience as a TIG welder.
- Able to complete the welding vision test
- Required to pass certification standards test and eye examination
- Successful completion of welding certification process (onsite)
- The candidates should have at least 2 years of prior experience in TIG welding.
- Prior experience welding aluminum is preferred
- Basic housekeeping of cell (5S)
- Ensures all company paperwork is filled-out accurately
- Fully understands blueprints
- Have a basic understanding of welding and associated processes in one area within your home cell
- Identify revision levels
- Maintains eQuals requirements
- Manually applies filler rod to supply weld metal. Cleans weld joint or workpiece. Prepares parts for welding
- May tack assemblies together
- Meet production goals
- Positions or clamps workpieces together or assemble them in a jig or fixture
- Produce error-free products
- Read and understand inspection sheets
- Reading, planning, verifying fixture calibration
- Review, understand and follow routers, procedures, specifications, and other instructions for completeness to perform operations
- Understand safety and machining hazards
- Use standards shop measuring devices (calipers and micrometers)
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions. Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Welds together metal components as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, or manufacturing operations sheet (MOS), using electric arc-welding equipment
- Willing to undergo on-the-job training in order to obtain CVP certification within the first 6 months as an Associate Metal Joining Specialist
- Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines
- Actively participate and support a team environment
- Compliance with and supports all GE policies and the Integrity: The Spirit and The Letter of Our Commitment” guide
- Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
- Excellent customer service to co-workers, customers, and vendors
- Keeps team informed of work progress, timelines, and issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Work overtime as needed
- Works collaboratively and respects all others
Job Specific Training
- May require additional job-specific training/certifications as necessary
- Must be able to demonstrate ability or willingness to take classes in Team Building
- Willing to cross-train in other cells.
- Willing to undergo on-the-job training in order to become approved in Auto welding
- Willing to undergo on-the-job training learning each computerized machine for approximately one or two months per machine.
- Willing to undergo on-the-job training to learn specific assignments.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to read and complete forms to generate meaningful reports and charts.
- Able to read and understand specifications, be able to analyze and interpret technical procedures, blueprints, and written instructions.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from team members, coaches, and leaders.
- Must be able to read safety rules in the use and maintenance of shop equipment.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a standardized situation.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions, decimals, and whole numbers.
- Able to stand at least 6 to 8 hours a day
- Items more than 30 pounds will be lifted with the assistance
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on occasion
- Must be able to walk, sit, or stoop on a regular basis
- Must be able to work with upper body extremities
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.