Website Aviation Structure Repairs
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Albany, GA, United States|
|Company||Aviation Structure Repairs|
Aviation Structure Repairs specializes in contract staffing, direct-hire, contingent staffing, temp to perm, and executive search. The company has an extensive and established database of top aviation talent and a recruitment team of aviation-experienced professionals with decades of commercial and aviation/aerospace industry hands-on knowledge and expertise.
The company is recruiting a Welder who will support the maintenance and repair of aircraft and associated components. Performs welding to repair, modify, fabricate, or overhaul aircraft components, tooling, and other items requested.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 2 years of practical aircraft welding experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education (program).
- FAA Airframe rating is preferred
- Heavy vehicle and industrial facility welding is preferred
- NDT experience is preferred
- TIG welder experience is preferred
- Completes job and traveler cards, forms, and paperwork as required.
- Designs support and fabrication tooling required for welding and assembly.
- Develops and fabricates fixtures and tooling to support aircraft and component operations.
- Ensures communication of all work handoffs for shift changes and technician changes.
- Lays out and fits all parts, maintaining all dimensional parameters.
- Performs TIG butt and fillet welding.
- Performs welding of aerospace stainless steel and aluminum to blueprint and industry specifications using manual and/or automatic equipment.
- Prepares parts for post-weld inspection processes such as dye penetrant, X-ray, and chemical treatments.
- Prepares parts for welding including cutting, blending, chamfering, and cleaning.
- Provides manufacturing feedback to aircraft mechanics, repair engineers regulatory auditors, and customers.
- Set up TIG machines for the type and thickness of the material being worked.
- Ability to calculate basic to intermediate mathematical problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job-related issues.
- Ability to conduct recommended preventive maintenance of welding equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, drawings, and documents.
- Ability to reason, organize and solve practical problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot welds and welding equipment.
- Ability to use precision hand tools, standard mechanical tools, and fabrication shop equipment.
- Basic overall knowledge of aircraft systems and major components.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work within a team environment or independently.
- Opportunity to enroll in any health, life, dental, disability, or other insurance programs
- Receive paid time off
Aviation Structure Repairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit asr.applytojob.com.