Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Cleveland, OH, United States|
AT&F (The American Tank and Fabricating Company) is a major producer of components for construction cranes and mining equipment, structural sections for shipbuilding, nuclear power plant-related components as well specialty stainless steel fabrications to serve chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
The company is looking for a Welder who will work with Operations and is responsible for safely producing quality parts in a timely manner. This person is tasked with the fit-up, assembly, and/or welding of various steel fabrications.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have experience in welding of Carbon, Stainless, or High Alloy Steels (3-5 years of experience preferred)
- Experience in FCAW and GMAW Spray Transfer
- Experience welding pipe out of position preferred
- Experience welding thick to thin structural members, preferably tubing
- Ability to properly blend welds to meet requirements.
- Adhere to lean manufacturing initiatives, quality requirements, and safety programs.
- Conduct dimensional inspections of parts and check for quality requirements.
- Fit up parts prior to welding
- Grinding, sanding, and cutting (oxy-fuel and hand plasma) as required.
- Understand and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
- Weld various parts in different materials
- Works with Operations and Weld Engineering to execute various types of projects.
- General welding and shop duties as needed
- Demonstrates ingenuity and creativity in problem-solving
- Needs a good understanding of blueprints and weld joint designs.
- Strong overall mechanical aptitude.
- Understand the basics of NDE
- The company offers competitive salaries plus profit sharing and a full range of benefits for our Team Members, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, holidays, AT&F clothing program, a Wellness Program, and opportunity for career growth.
AT&F is an Equal Employment Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.atfco.com.