Website OPW (Dover Company)
Welder Job Highlights
|Hamilton, OH, United States
|OPW, a Dover Company
OPW (Dover Corporation) is a global leader in fully integrated fluid handling, management, monitoring, and control solutions for the safe and efficient handling of critical petroleum-derived fluids from the refinery to the commercial and retail points of consumption, including loading systems, rail/transport tank truck equipment, tank gauging equipment and automated fuel management systems, valves and fittings.
It also provides underground and above ground storage tank equipment, spill containers, overfill prevention devices, secondary containment sumps, and flexible piping, fuel dispensing products, including swivels, breakaways, industrial and automatic dispensing nozzles for vapor recovery, gasoline, diesel, and alternative fuels, and clean energy fueling nozzles and accessories for LPG, Hydrogen, and CNG.
The company is seeking a Welder who will be responsible for joining steel, stainless steel, and aluminum pipes and fixtures in compliance with ASME weld codes, including B31.3, using MIG and TIG techniques.
Complete each weld to the specified standards using blueprints, appropriate equipment, and materials, while following OPW recommended procedures.
Observe applicable safety precautions, to minimize the risk of injury to others or damage to property. The position will perform fitting and welding tasks in a safe, accurate, and timely manner.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- The candidates should have 2 years of relevant welding experience, including welding automation.
- Accept or reject parts and products based on welding standards and testing.
- Build up worn or defective surfaces.
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded.
- Join steel, stainless steel, and aluminum pipes and/or fixtures using MIG and TIG techniques.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Operate all basic equipment that is part of the welding/fabrication department, including a pallet jack or overhead crane to move parts and products.
- Perform additional duties as requested by supervision, including but not limited to: stocking and packing, general maintenance, material handling, set up activities for assembly/test equipment.
- Perform all basic preventative maintenance on associated equipment.
- Perform welding jobs using blueprints, work orders, and verbal or written instructions.
- Plan details of working procedure and tools and material requirements.
- Read and understand blueprints, tape measures, and gauges.
- Receive instructions, prints, and work orders for the job.
- Record parts that have been welded, gaged, and tested on datasheets.
- Set up, assemble, and tack weld parts.
- Use burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Other activities and duties are based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to adjust to changing work environments; high noise level and varying temperatures
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged standing and walking distances; physical stamina and strength to perform repetitive bending, reaching, and stooping motions; ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- ASME Certification from an accredited welding school.
- Diploma/Certificate program from a trade/vocational school (with an industrial focus such as Process Improvement, Controls, and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Inventory Control), or a recognized industry organization (for example, an IPC Electronics Certification).
- Excellent manual dexterity with full-finger and hand movement to perform repetitive motions and task
- High level of customer focus and ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Mechanically inclined
- Prior experience with a robotic welder.
- Self-directed, positive, and ethical role model able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate and read weld gages.
- Ability to read blueprints, welding specifications, and symbols.
- Ability to weld steel, stainless steel, and/or aluminum
- Ability to work all scheduled and adjusted times, and or work overtime to accommodate production.
- Basic math skills, specifically with fractions and decimals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English comprehension and expression both verbal and written.
- Willing and able to wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, non-conductive jacket.
- Working knowledge of small power tools
- The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand.
- The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment. The employee may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
OPW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dovercorporation.com.