Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Swanton, OH, United States|
Tronair designs, manufactures, and distributes many products including tow bars, jacks, hydraulic power units, hydraulic service units, electric aircraft tugs, engine stands, engine slings, prop stands, prop slings, work platforms, air stairs, deicers, 28.5 VDC, and 400 HZ power units, lavatory service carts, potable water carts, nitrogen and oxygen service carts, gages, boosters and regulators, tire bead breakers, cabin pressure test units, cranes, tail stands, universal lifts, battery lifts, wheel and brake dollies, landing gear dollies, ramp Locks, air conditioners, pre-conditioned air units and ram air turbine test units.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be responsible for layout, fitting, and weld fabrication, casting, and forging components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, and aircraft ground support equipment.
Able to perform the following duties; interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams, or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
Inspect completed welds to determine structural soundness. Familiar with and complies with all safety requirements and protocols to work in a safe manner.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification
- Associates Degree or technical schooling with 0 years of experience
- The candidates should have at least 1 year of related welding work experience.
- Layout, position, align and fit components together.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding.
- Weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use Internet and manufacturing software.
- Ability to use torpedo level, combination square, hammer, Allen wrench, an adjustable wrench and certify on steel and aluminum with the MIG welding process in the 3G position vertical up and on steel in the vertical down 3G position.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and/or decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Meet Company’s expectations for Welder efficiency and quality standards
- Successfully pass the Company’s hands-on weld test.
- Ability to bend and stoop frequently
- Ability to climb step ladders, work platforms frequently.
- Ability to follow all safety requirements.
- Ability to lay on the back for extended periods of time while welding
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted, and sometimes greater with assistance
- Ability to stand up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to weld with arms extended for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a hot environment with protective gear.
- Ability to work in small areas in order to perform the work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Tronair is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). The company recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, sex, religion, marital status, ancestry, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingbypaycor.com.