Website Morgan Truck Body
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Portland, OR, United States|
|Company||Morgan Truck Body|
Morgan Truck Body (Morgan Corporation) is the premier producer of truck bodies and van bodies. The company specializes in the manufacture of dry freight van bodies, custom cargo truck bodies, refrigerated truck bodies, and stake/platform bodies.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be responsible for operating a multitude of welding equipment working primarily on aluminum, steel, and galvanneal requiring a high grade of skill.
- The applicant should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidate should have some basic experience with hand tools
- Must be 18 years old
- Ability to learn and perform different methods of welding to obtain certifications
- Examine created welds to check for defects/flaws
- Operation of heavy equipment such as saws
- Perform safety and quality checks
- Perform set up of machine and preventative maintenance as required
- Read blueprints and weld metals according to customer or employer requirements
- Work and adhere to all safety policies
- Able to read and interpret blueprints for special applications
- Able to understand and comprehend measurement
- Basic math, tape measurement, and computer skills
- Previous experience working on truck bodies
- Previous experience in manufacturing
- Frequently required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
- The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop; squat, reach overhead or crawl (may be in confined spaces)
- Disability Plans
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match (the US only)
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Corporate-wide Discount Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gain Sharing
- Life Insurance
- Pension plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Morgan Corporation (Morgan Truck Body) is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Veteran, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jbpoindexter.com.