Website Siemens Energy
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Horsham, PA, United States|
Siemens Energy AG is one of the world’s leading energy technology companies. The company works on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions, and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain – from power generation and transmission to storage.
The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team.
- The applicants should have a minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5 years of experience as a qualified/certified welder of rotating equipment
- Ability to perform set-up and operate a variety of welding machines and heat treatment equipment.
- Interpret and execute Preheat and PWHT procedures and instructions. Record and maintain welding logs and welding records.
- Interpret dimension and tolerance symbols identified on prints, manufacturing drawings and verify conformance of workpieces to specifications required by prints, specifications, or procedures.
- Perform SMAW, GTAW, and PTAW welding types on centrifugal compressor and steam turbine components (diaphragms, casings, valves, nozzle blocks).
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Associated components.
- Must be able to pass a weld test
- Possess the ability to communicate with supervisors clearly, professionally, and effectively
- Previous experience with the operation of overhead cranes and forklifts.
- SMAW, GTAW, PTAW welding certifications
Personal Growth Opportunities
- Exposure to best practices for rotor weld repairs, stationary component repairs, and blending of multiple types of rotating equipment
- Increase knowledge and experience with multiple types of rotating equipment
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens-energy.com.