Website Schuff Steel
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Phoenix, AZ, United States|
Schuff Steel provides structural steel fabrication and erection services. They include engineering, structural steel erection, project management, structural steel fabrication, arenas/stadiums, convention centers, preconstruction, parking structures, data centers, etc.
The company is looking for a Welder who will work in fabrication to build some of the most complex and high-profile projects in the commercial building, bridge, and industrial sectors. This position welds a large variety of materials by FCAW, SMAW, GMAW, and SAW.
The production welder welds in all positions utilize a high degree of proficiency while utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge of common heat reactions of structural metals and is certifiable.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 12 Months of stable work experience
- Must pass a required weld test
- Certification in AWS D1.1 weld test
- Capable of passing welding tests in accordance with AWS D1.1.
- Chips peens and grinds material to prepare for welding or finish.
- Follows applicable welding procedures (AWS, AISC)
- Keeps work area organized and clean.
- Must adhere to and follow all safety rules and PPE requirements
- Perform gouging and scarfing as needed.
- Transport material by a crane as needed and required.
- Welds on the ground level, above ground, and below ground, in any required position.
- Welds structural, bridge, and industrial materials such as plates, sheets, girders, tanks, etc., occasionally involving uncommon structural metals or machine metals under close tolerances of heat application and workmanship.
- Perform other routine duties per management direction.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Equipment Knowledge/Skills – Variety of hand tools and welding equipment
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Mathematical Skills – the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure.
- The company offers competitive market-based compensation and comprehensive health insurance benefits.
DBM Global (Schuff Steel) is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.