Website Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd/3rd shift)|
|Location||Dallastown, PA, United States|
|Company||Kratos Defense and Security Solutions|
Kratos develops and fields transformative, affordable systems, platforms, and products for national security and communications needs. The company is focused on areas where tech advances can have a force multiplier effect, such as unmanned systems, satellite communications, C4ISR, warfighter training, and combat systems.
The company is seeking a Welder who will join metals using GTAW and GMAW (MIG) welding processes and cut metals using Oxy-Fuel cutting torch or plasma Arc cutting equipment.
Must be proficient in welding thin gauge aluminum with the GTAW (TIG) and GMAW (MIG) processes
Able to pass various welding tests in accordance with various AWS welding codes and Military Standards and Specifications.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a have at least 1 year of experience in MIG and TIG welding light-gauge aluminum and steel
- Assists with and/or constructs welding jigs and fixtures; some layout required. More senior-level position includes designing the layout.
- Chips, grinds, and cleans welds as necessary.
- May be required to perform up to three types of welding processes including GMAW and GTAW in accordance with various AWS and Military Codes and Specifications. A more senior-level position may also require the ability to Oxy-Fuel weld.
- Must be able to read and understand Blueprints (drawings) and associated welding symbols
- Must have at least 1 year of experience MIG and TIG welding light-gauge aluminum and steel
- Performs other tasks associated with welding, such as joining preparation, clamping, measurement verification, an inspection of completed welds, and providing a count of completed pieces.
- Performs tack welding and Oxygen/Fuel torch for heating and cutting.
- Selects proper welding parameters, and electrodes/filler metals for the particular type of metal to be welded which may include ferrous and non-ferrous metals (i.e., aluminum, steel, stainless steel).
- Uses test equipment (i.e., fixed gages, fillet weld gauges, pressure gages) to check work.
- Uses various tools and machines which may include GMAW, GTAW welding equipment, automatic welding gun, plasma cutter, oxygen/fuel torch, various grinding apparatus, and other tooling and equipment as needed.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Ability to follow standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to pass a Pulmonary Function Test
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (rotating wrists, keyboarding, using small/large tools)
- Ability to tolerate constant noise (i.e. machine motors)
- Shop Floor Environment
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/ADD and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
Kratos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – minorities, females, vets, disabled, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit kratosdefense.submit4jobs.com.