Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Lancaster, SC, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
Arcosa Meyer Utility Structures is a pioneer in the transmission industry with a strong commitment to reducing the environmental impact of transmission lines.
Arcosa Meyer Utility Structures is searching for Career Welder who will use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders.
Applicants will use manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weld-able materials.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 6 months of experience in flux core welding
- Maintain and complete all required records
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May lay out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools in accordance with layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches.
- Observe all standard safety practices
- Operate grinding equipment
- Perform basic repairs
- Perform full penetration (such as slip joint) welds to weld ends to poles or channels
- Weld clips and hardware
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to maintain 90% pass rate on UT inspection
- Basic understanding of Oxy-Fuel/Plasma burning and of Carbon Arcing
- Qualify as a flat welder
- Competitive wages
- Regular opportunities for merit increases
- Professional growth opportunities
- Incentives for outstanding performance
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.