Website OEM Fabricators
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Neillsville, WI, United States|
OEM Fabricators is a Contract Manufacturer specializing in steel fabricating, welding, machining, finishing, and assembly. The company’s specialty is medium to heavy gauge metal products and provides contract manufacturing to the oil and gas, mining, construction, and rail industries.
To abide by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and follow all Company and Department safety policies and/or procedures.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1-year related schooling and 2 years welding/fitting experience or any combination of schooling and/or experience that equals 2 years.
- Pass OEM’s physical weld test, written welder exam which includes blueprint reading, tape measure reading, and various welding questions.
- Advise Supervisor of problem areas.
- Check completed welds for visible defects.
- Check joint fit-up for misalignment prior to welding.
- Check welding components for visible defects.
- Correct defects immediately.
- Organize weld components in assigned work station using forklift, hoist, or manual lifting.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded ensuring there are no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Read and interpret blueprints as required to complete necessary welds.
- Remove all slag and heavy spatter from completed welds.
- Set up weld machine with proper gas and wire.
- Use time and material effectively to meet or exceed Company’s
- Weld components using proper welding techniques controlling distortion, shrinkage, and weld size to finish weld assemblies to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Perform an acceptable amount of work with few or no errors.
- Adhere to an established preventive maintenance plan.
- Be sure all required guards and safety equipment are properly used.
- Continually challenge and improve the setup and run times.
- Contribute to a Favorable Work Environment
- Convey a positive attitude toward coworkers.
- Correctly maintain an accurate daily time card to ensure accurate accounting records relevant to specific jobs.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with fellow employees.
- Keep walkways and exit doors are clear of equipment, material, tools, etc.
- Maintain a Clean and Safe Work Area
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance when interacting with outside customers, service personnel, and vendors.
- Maintain all equipment in good working order during daily operations.
- Maintain attendance per company guidelines.
- Make recommendations for equipment maintenance to Supervisor.
- Perform Assigned Duties and Responsibilities Efficiently
- Perform Routine Maintenance of All Equipment Utilized
- Problem Solving:
- Reflect a positive “can do” attitude toward people, company policies, and procedures.
- Support management decisions, or disagree in a positive, constructive manner.
- Sweep work area out to isle at end of shift.
- Willing to work as a team member.
- Willingness to perform other tasks not related to your present Position
- Keep the work area and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- Work in conjunction with Welder Trainees, Certified Welders, Fitter Welders, and Lead Welders to weld assemblies per customer print and specifications.
- Work with and take work direction from Lead Welders and Supervisor.
OEM Fabricators is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit oemfab.com.