Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Baytown, TX, United States|
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across the energy. It provides consulting, project, and operation solutions with specializations in project management, engineering, procurement, construction management, maintenance management, production support, power generation, offshore, onshore, oil sands, pipeline, refining, chemicals, industrial, gas turbines, and renewable energy.
The company needs a welder to join the team in Baytown, Texas.
- The prospective candidates may require a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
- The applicants should have some previous years of welding experience in the related area/field.
- Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse as specified by procedure or supervisor.
- Bolts, clamps, and welds together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe, and tube or structural shapes, using arc and arc gas welding equipment. May weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions. May tack weld assemblies together.
- Layout, position, align and fit components together in various body positions.
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through a portable welding gun.
- Selects type and size of pipe or other related materials and equipment according to specifications.
- May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc, Flux-Cored Arc, Gas-Tungsten Arc, Submerged Arc, or Shielded Metal Arc welding processes.
- Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Starts power supply to produce an electric current.
Note: Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Wood is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.