Website GEA Group
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Hudson, WI, United States|
GEA Group is one of the largest technology suppliers for food processing and a wide range of other industries. The global group specializes in machinery, plants, as well as process technology, and components. GEA provides sustainable solutions for sophisticated production processes in diverse end-user markets and offers a comprehensive service portfolio.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team for various manufacturing and production needs.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The Degree/Certificate in Welding is preferred.
- Training in welding and experience in metal fabrication and welding.
- Adheres to all Company Safety Programs, Rules and Regulations, and Employee Procedural Guidelines.
- Completes all tasks as may be assigned by the Supervisor/Manager of Manufacturing.
- Detects defective material, unusual conditions, or operating difficulties and reports to the supervisor or lead person.
- Interprets and performs tasks such as layout, cutting, and welding based on written work instructions and weld symbols. Understand and comply with workmanship standards and work independently as needed.
- Interprets fabrication drawings, bills of material and is able to make calculations and check for compliance to specifications.
- Marks, cuts, fits together and bolts, clamps, or tack welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Obtains proper fusion using care to perform high quality, consistent weld, avoid unnecessary weld spatter, burn through, crystallization or distortion.
- Operates hand trucks, carts, pallet trucks, and hoists for the movement of materials.
- Operates MIG, TIG, and GMAW machines, or plasma cutting torches.
- Polishes, grinds, and cleans metal surfaces and welds as required.
- Produces a weldment from numerous components to completed product
- Safely operates a variety of hoisting and rigging equipment.
- Welds metal parts using a variety of welding processes, on a wide variety of joint configurations while working in positions both internal and external to the component on dissimilar material thicknesses.
- Works primarily with stainless steel parts and assemblies which are generally large, awkward, and heavy.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must successfully complete a visual and destructive in-house GTAW welding test.
GEA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.gea.com.