Website Stanley Black & Decker
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Ooltewah, TN, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is seeking a Welder who will be responsible for operating and maintaining welding tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve the quality and production standards of the company.
The position will work under the direction of the Value Stream Leader and Senior Team Leader.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in heavy-duty machining and manufacturing environment.
- Adhere to all safety, health, environmental procedures, policies, and practices.
- Complete basic maintenance on welding equipment.
- Layout, position, align and fit components into welding fixture as instructed.
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints and welding symbols to complete job assignments.
- Set up gas-shield, MIG-weld, and weld parts to job specifications.
- Use hand tools, clamps, and grinders to perform job tasks.
- Any other duties that fall within the employee’s capabilities.
- Ability to layout parts using weld fixtures.
- Ability to read and understand work order routings and instructions.
- Ability to read tape measure and blueprints.
- Demonstrated skill level of wire feed (MIG) welding.
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, problem-solving skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Occasional exposure to typical manufacturing areas may be required and will require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
- Team members must be mobile enough to navigate the manufacturing shop floor safely including walking and standing for up to four hours at a time.
- The work environment will include their own workstation or cubicle space equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer as required for the job.
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, and pulling can be expected.
- Long periods of sitting and walking can also be expected in this position.
- Use of basic tools and equipment.
- The company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more!
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.