Website Doyon Drilling
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Alaska North Slope, AK, United States|
Doyon Drilling operates on the North Slope of Alaska with eight of the most unique oil and gas land drilling rigs specially designed to drill oil wells in extreme conditions.
The company is searching for a Welder who will weld metal components together with brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, rig equipment, modules, motors, and generators.
The position will work under the supervision of the Toolpusher.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess specific ASME/AWS certifications (will be required to pass DDI AWS/AMSE tests)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Document work performed on machinery
- Maintain welding equipment and supply inventory
- Performs layout and fabrication functions as required
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases the size of metal parts
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes
- Performs other duties assigned
- Alaska North Slope experience
- Oil Rig Experience
- Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
- Corporate Values – Understand, embrace, and integrate Doyon’s corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
- Customer Service – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
- Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
Job Specific Competencies-
- Adaptability – Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities, and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
- Attention to Detail – Ensures one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
- Communication Skills – Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers, customers, and others.
- Dependability – Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable, and improves team morale
- Self-motivated – Requires little to no supervision, works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions both on and offshore. Temperatures reach as low as 50 degrees below zero during the winter months.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, extreme heat, and high noise levels.
- Required to work at various heights on the rig.
- Work in an environment where there is a risk that they will be exposed to toxic, caustic, and/or hazardous chemicals, fumes, or airborne particles.
- Workers are required to wear personal protective equipment while on the job.
- Able to quickly respond to a change in work demands.
- Occasional lifting up to (1-50 lbs.) is required.
- Valid driver’s license
Doyon Drilling is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit rn12.ultipro.com.