Website Ormat Technologies
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Reno, NV, United States|
Ormat is a leading geothermal company and engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG). It owns, designs, operates, manufactures, and sells geothermal and REG power plants. It also provides energy storage and energy management solutions.
The company is seeking an individual to be responsible for performing daily welding and mechanical preventive and repair maintenance activities.
- The prospective applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
- They should have any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills of a welding profession
- Previously certified or the ability to certify on pipe diameters 2” – 20”, low alloy steel. Minimum certifications for consideration are; SMAW. Downhill 6010 root and hot pass, 7018 fill and cap.
- Prefer GTAW experience, but not required. Weld test will be required on 4” schedule 80, low alloy steel in the 6G position. ORMAT supplies all PPE equipment and tools
- Must be able to quickly and physically access all areas of the plants, including confined spaces, high elevations, and hot areas
- Must be able to travel to other locations including rural areas to work on other projects
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays when necessary
- Responsible for assisting the mechanical technicians with their duties
- Responsible for bringing any unsafe act or condition to the attention of the Shift Supervisor or Management
- Responsible for complying with and consistent application of safety, environmental and operating procedures
- Responsible for performing routine and preventive maintenance for plant process equipment
- Responsible for safely troubleshooting and repairing plant process equipment
- Responsible for welding and fabrication of pipe spools, flanges, fittings, and structural items
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- The ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Must be able to drive a vehicle in a safe manner
- The ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the areas of assignment knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Must have a basic understanding of applicable permitting, environmental, and safety compliance requirements
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English at a level that will permit the employee to understand and communicate information in a manner that will enable the employee to safely and efficiently perform the job duties
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier
- The ability to weld code and non-code on steel welding, aluminum welding, and pipe fitting welding
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Able to climb stairs, work off of elevated platforms, in severe weather conditions and in confined spaces
- Must be able to correctly wear and work using self-contained breathing apparatus
- The ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions and 75 pounds from the floor to the waist
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties
Ormat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.