Website Shepard Steel Co.
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Hartford, CT, United States|
|Company||Shepard Steel Co.|
Shepard Steel Co. is a part of the Architectural and Structural Metals Manufacturing Industry. The company is a structural steel fabrication company that meets the structural and miscellaneous steel requirements of customers.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be responsible for layout, fit, and fabricating metal components to assemble structural steel using knowledge of welding techniques.
The position will work under the direct supervision of the Production Supervisor.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current and valid welding certification
- The work experience is not displayed by the Employer; yet considered a plus.
- Analyze welding procedures, blueprints, sketches, work orders to plan layout, assembly, and perform welding operations.
- To chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture per job specifications.
- Mark or tag material with the proper job numbers, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Perform FCAW and other types of welding based on project needs.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Read and interpret drawings, and other written instructions and diagrams to perform the task at hand.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding and fabrication trade.
- Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies, using welding equipment.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or horizontal positions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Able to work well with minimal supervision as well as with other technicians
- Must be able to pass a welding test
- Must be able to use measuring tools such as tape measures, squares, etc.
- Must be willing to submit a drug test and background check
- Physically capable of bending/twisting as well as standing for long periods of time
- Physically capable of lifting/pushing/pulling 70 pounds unassisted
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and has a positive attitude
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match/Profit Sharing
- Competitive Salary (based on skillset)
- Dental Insurance
- Full-Time Position
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Holidays, Earned Days, and Birthdays
- Shepard Steel Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit shepardsteel.bamboohr.com.