Website Shepard Steel Co.
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Hartford, CT, United States|
|Company||Shepard Steel Co.|
Shepard Steel Co. is a part of the Architectural and Structural Metals Manufacturing Industry. The company is a structural steel fabrication company that meets the structural and miscellaneous steel requirements of customers.
The position will work under the direct supervision of the Production Supervisor.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current and valid welding certification
- The work experience is not displayed by the Employer; yet considered a plus.
- Analyze welding procedures, blueprints, sketches, work orders to plan layout, assembly, and perform welding operations.
- To chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture per job specifications.
- Mark or tag material with the proper job numbers, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Perform FCAW and other types of welding based on project needs.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Read and interpret drawings, and other written instructions and diagrams to perform the task at hand.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding and fabrication trade.
- Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies, using welding equipment.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or horizontal positions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Able to work well with minimal supervision as well as with other technicians
- Must be able to pass a welding test
- Must be able to use measuring tools such as tape measures, squares, etc.
- Must be willing to submit a drug test and background check
- Physically capable of bending/twisting as well as standing for long periods of time
- Physically capable of lifting/pushing/pulling 70 pounds unassisted
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and has a positive attitude
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match/Profit Sharing
- Competitive Salary (based on skillset)
- Dental Insurance
- Full-Time Position
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Holidays, Earned Days, and Birthdays
- Shepard Steel Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit shepardsteel.bamboohr.com.