Website General Dynamics Elec Boat
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Groton, CT, United States|
|Company||General Dynamics Elec Boat|
General Dynamics Electric Boat provides design, construction, and lifecycle support of submarines for the U.S. Navy.
The company is searching for a Welder – Skilled to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Additional preference is given for vocational, technical, and community colleges or apprentice programs, military shipbuilding, manufacturing, and automotive experience
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience in manual and/or semi-automatic welding processes
- Interpret welding procedures and policies and the ability to interpret structural drawings
- Ability to interpret welding and shipyard procedures, structural drawings, technical manuals, test documents, and diagrams
- Individuals are required to possess their own basic hand tools
- Knowledge and experience in Pipe Welding
- Must be able to work all shifts and in all environments as well as Radiological areas of the boat
- Successfully completed the CT Department of Labor Eastern Workforce Investment Board Training Program
- Willing to accept road jobs assignments
- Color Vision
- Heavy Lifting
- Light Lifting
- Medium Lifting
- 401K Plan
- Commuter/Van Services
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Safety Boot Reimbursement Program
- Shift Premium
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers-gdeb.icims.com.