Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Victoria, TX, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a welder.
- They must be able to pass Caterpillar welding and classroom testing which includes welding courses with 80% or higher score, safety course 100% passing, 2F 8mm weld test, 2F10mm weld test, 1G weld Test. Failure to pass these tests after 4 weeks of employment could result in termination.
- Hand weld in multiple positions to create parts using semi-automatic MIG welders and .052 solid wire.
- Perform advanced welding techniques, all while using safety, quality, and standard work.
- Read and use blueprints to weld individual parts together to create a finished product.
- Use jib and overhead cranes to manually position parts and products.
- Use robotic welding technology to enhance capabilities and efficiency.
- Work in one and two-person weld zones that are clean, well ventilated, safe, and equipped with the latest technologies.
- Commit to being on-time and reliable.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands
- Ability to work safely and wear all required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- Experience MIG welding
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Tools, and Works
- Total rewards package that provides day-one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 6% matching 401K).
- Opportunity for pay increases based on skills and performance, as well as an annual opportunity for a merit increase, and a quarterly bonus.
- Potential to advance your career into operations leadership and other advanced manufacturing jobs.
- Provided all personal protective equipment – welding hoods, steel toe boots, gloves, safety glasses, etc. as well as a uniform, shirts, pants, and a jacket.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.