Website Waste Management
Welder Assistant – Container Job Highlights
|Title||Welder Assistant – Container|
|Location||Arlington, OR, United States|
Waste Management is a leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. The company makes partnerships with customers and communities to manage and reduce waste from collection to disposal while recovering valuable resources and creating clean, renewable energy.
The company is looking for a Welder Assistant who will work under the direct supervision and select from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. The position also performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- The applicants do not require any education (program) for the position (if they have considered plus).
- The candidates should have 6 months of relevant work experience.
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- Assists in the repair of compactors and containers.
- Washes compactors and containers.
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior welders and welders in the completion of project work.
- Performs service calls for container repair.
- Repairs broken or damaged containers.
- May perform related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal parts.
- Performs other maintenance-related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- The company offers a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term disability, stock purchase plan, company match on 401k, paid vacation, holidays, and personal days.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- The normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements most of the workday.
- A valid driver’s license
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Disability, and Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wm.com.