Website Sims Limited
Welder B Job Highlights
|Location||Jersey City, NJ, United States|
Sims Limited is a global leader in metal recycling and provides circular solutions for technology and is an emerging leader in renewable energy.
Sims Metal (a business division of Sims Limited) buys and processes scrap metal from businesses, other recyclers, and the general public.
The company is seeking a Welder B to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess 4 to 8 years of progressive welding and fabrication experience
- Man-lift (up to 80 feet), forklift, and signaling experience (a plus)
- Repairing Conveyor systems using the needed tools.
- Assist with installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Assist in determining causes of operating errors and making recommendations to correct errors.
- Use innovation and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment including complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, work instructions, and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, and manuals and follow directions.
- Knowledge and implementation of metal fabrication equipment practices.
- Maintaining and repairing conveyor belt systems.
- Stick welding. Welding on systems components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Welding – Oxi-Propane Torching.
- Working on Hammermill Shredder.
- Must demonstrate professional and respectful conduct at all times.
- Must have the ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and safety procedures.
- Must possess the skill and ability to read, write and converse clearly in English.
- Exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment and sites can be loud.
- Frequently exposed to all weather conditions including airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration.
- The company offers competitive pay and a range of attractive benefits.
Sims Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate with regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, housing status, source of income, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.simsltd.com.