Website Boyd Corporation
Welder/Brazer (1st Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder/Brazer – 1st Shift|
|Location||Woburn, MA, United States|
Boyd Corporation is a leading solution company. It is a world-leading innovator of technologies in material science, engineered material, and thermal management that seal, protect, interface, and cool our customers’ most critical applications. The company design and manufacture advanced engineered materials and thermal management solutions.
The company is looking for a Welder/Brazer who will perform a highly diversified range of brazing on all company products in order to braze together a wide variety of assemblies and subassemblies such as headers, u-bends, and fittings.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates are expected to have previous work-related experience.
- Devises or selects suitable holding devices, springs, clamps, and filler materials.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Performs preheating and heat-treating operations as required.
- Performs tests on units for leaks and makes necessary assembly or brazing repairs.
- Selects proper settings, proper tip, and alloy rod and regulates the pressure of the gas flow.
- Using torch brazing techniques; touches up faulty bonds as they occur
- Utilizes induction brazing, gas flux brazing, manual brazing, infrared brazing, and automatic brazing techniques while brazing a wide variety of nonstandard and standard assemblies and subassemblies such as headers, u-bends, and fittings.
- Visually inspects parts and subassemblies for freedom from defects; suggests appropriate actions to correct defects.
- Works from blueprints and verbal instructions in order to determine proper assembly and brazing specifications.
- Performs other related duties and directed.
- Employee Development
- Health Care Benefits
- Savings and Retirement
- Vacation and Time Off
Boyd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boydcorp.jibeapply.com.