Website Union Tank Car Company (UTLX)
Welder/Carman Job Highlights
|Location||Muscatine, IA, United States|
|Company||Union Tank Car Company (UTLX)|
Union Tank Car Company (UTLX) is the largest manufacturer, lessor, and maintainer of railcars. The company’s regulatory, engineering, and commercial expertise make UTLX the preferred source of railcars and services for many of its customers.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates must have some basic welding experience
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner and reports potential hazards.
- Performs welded repairs by utilizing air arc cutting torch and stick or wire welding equipment.
- Performs welding and mechanical repairs to tank and hopper cars when required.
- Repairs, straightens, removes, reworks car parts, brakes, underframes, center plates, gears, couplers, valves, etc. using various hand and power tools.
- Uses hand tools and equipment to chip and grind weld, slag, or spatter.
- Welds components related to tank cars including tanks, bolsters, underframes, side sills, etc.
- Demonstrate job-related computational knowledge; for example, be able to read a ruler
- Moderate to the heavy physical effort involved.
- Lifts and carries necessary equipment to the car to perform an operation.
- Climbs, walks, and balances on top of a car while welding.
- Must follow prescribed safety rules to avoid possible injury.
- Possibility of exposure to x-ray radiation hazards.
- Uses hand tools and equipment to chip and grind off excess weld slag or spatter.
- 401k matching and pension
- Annual safety shoe allowance
- Company-paid disability
- Company-paid Employee and dependent life insurance
- Competitive wages, with shift differential pay
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Marmon employee discount program
- Medical, dental, vision
- Tuition reimbursement program
UTLX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.utlx.com.