Website Federal Signal Corporation
Welder/Certified Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Elgin, IL, United States|
|Company||Federal Signal Corporation|
Federal Signal provides products and services to protect people and our planet. The company is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial, and commercial customers.
The company is looking for a welder to join its production team.
The candidates should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification completed from a welding school.
- 6-12 months of work experience in the related area
- Formal welding education or equivalent experience is necessary and the ability to pass the internal certification process.
- Ability to input and scan work order data into MRP/JDE system using RF scanner, keyboard, and mouse.
- Brace and clamp parts as required to avoid distortion and for proper alignment.
- Change wire spools and bottle gas for welding equipment.
- Follow and comply with all safety and personal protective equipment requirements.
- Identify 100% of the part produced by stamping with an individual employee number.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area complying with all 5S initiatives.
- Maintain proper weld penetration, quality fit, overall dimensions of parts, adjust to correct irregularities, and deviations.
- Perform quality inspection on 100% of work product by using appropriate measuring tools to ensure defined tolerances and measurements are accurate to BluePrint.
- Pull orders, review blueprint, verify material, set up necessary fixtures, and tack as appropriate to complete welding process.
- Regulate welding equipment current and voltage.
- Follow all procedures and processes in accordance to in order to build a defect-free product. Complete required in-process inspection, repair any defects found, and document critical quality information as necessary.
- Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Annual bonus potential
- Insurance (life, medical, dental, vision)
- Paid holidays, paid vacation
- 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement
Federal Signal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.