Welder (Code/Outage) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Code/Outage|
|Location||Fort Myers, FL, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewable, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is looking to hire a Welder (Code/Outage) with extensive experience working outages in the power generation industry.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (preferred)
- Bolts, clamps, and welds together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe, and tube or structural shapes, using arc and arc gas welding equipment. May weld in a flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position. May tack weld assemblies together?
- Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse as specified by procedure or supervisor.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together in various body positions.
- May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc, Flux-Cored Arc, Gas-Tungsten Arc, Submerged Arc, or Shielded Metal Arc welding processes.
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through a portable welding gun.
- Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Select the type/size of pipe or other related materials and equipment according to specifications.
- May be required consistently to work 12-hour shifts performing construction-based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions.
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to move in and around confined and uneven areas.
- Must have a full range of motion
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions identified above.
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.