Website Akima Support Operations
Welder (Combination Maintenance) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Combination Maintenance|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO, United States|
|Company||Akima Support Operations|
Akima Support Operations (ASO) provides logistics, facilities maintenance and operations, transportation, and support services for mission-critical military installations and civilian agencies around the country.
The company is searching for a Combination Maintenance Welder who will weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products, such as machine parts, plant equipment, motors, and generators, according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
This position welds metal parts together, using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes, performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding, repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases the size of metal parts, positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
This worker may locate and repair cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads, using inspection equipment and gas torch, may perform repairs only, and be required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards of governmental agencies or professional and technical associations.
- The applicants should be either a High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Must be able to certify for this position.
- The candidates should have 3 years of experience in various types of welding and the utilization of welding tools or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Adjusts flow of gases or amperage of generator for a specific job. Uses acetylene or electric welding process applicable to accomplish flat, vertical, horizontal and overhead welding. Does tack and bead welding and infrequently heat-treating and pressure welding.
- Assists in maintaining adequate stock age of supplies.
- Performs welding in maintenance and repair shops on parts and bodies for mobile industrial equipment, tactical vehicles, special purpose vehicles and components, river and stream crossing equipment, generators, compressors electronic equipment, training equipment, and various other metal items.
- Prepares necessary paperwork showing labor and supplies used for job order.
- Read blueprints, sketches and modification order to plan the process and layout project to be performed in an expeditious, economical and effective manner.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts and fill holes and increase the size of metal parts.
- Responsible for observing all current safety and fire regulations.
- Successfully sets up and utilizes plasma cutting machine, air arc, Heli arc, and MIG welding equipment.
- Utilizes all welding positions to weld any or all types of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Visually, or by occasionally testing, determines the kind of metal and type of rod to use considering the stress and/or pressure to which the repaired item will be subjected.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Material/Equipment Directly Used
- MIG, TIG, ARC welding equipment; material handling equipment
Working Environment/Physical Activities
- Conduct work in the out-of-doors area with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
- Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical.
- Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules.
- Must be US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) to obtain a CAC. Must receive a favorable background check and drug testing results.
The company offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and a range of other voluntary benefits.
Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave offered will be as defined under the DOL’s Wage Determination.
- Must possess and continuously maintain a current State of Colorado Driver’s License prior to starting or by 30 days after employment.
Akima Support Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All the prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, or parental status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit akima.taleo.net.