Website Vulcan Materials Company
Welder – Construction/Maintenance Job Highlights
|Welder – Construction/Maintenance
|North Carolina, United States
|Vulcan Materials Company
Vulcan Materials Company is a producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete.
The company is seeking a welder to join its plant operations team.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED, or Equivalent.
- The candidates should have prior experience in industrial welding and knowledge of general practices of aggregate production is preferred.
- Inspect and Diagnose – Inspect and diagnose repair and maintenance of mobile and plant equipment.
- Perform General Physical Activities – Perform physical activities that require moving your whole body and considerable use of your arms and legs, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- Plan Jobs – Plan, design, organize, and layout construction and repair jobs from blueprints. Fabricate structural components from instructions.
- Promote Safety – Take an active role in prioritizing safety for yourself and others to ensure all assigned plants have zero accidents and are in total compliance with all Vulcan policies and procedures.
- Weld Materials – Weld materials in flat, vertical, and overhead positions. Select rod and weld type and welder setting. Cut materials using air arcs, burning rods, and acetylene/oxygen cutting torches to fit fabrication and job requirements. Perform welding repair and maintenance to stationary production-related equipment, machinery, and structures such as crushers, loader boom, and buckets, excavator booms, and arms.
- Additional Responsibilities – Other duties as assigned. Some travel to quarry options will be required.
- Flexibility – Must be willing to work overtime and extended hours depending on customer and company demands. Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noises.
- Functional Knowledge – Must have a thorough knowledge of welding material, welding properties, and various types of metals. Must be able to interpret blueprints. Must be able to wire feed welding machines to hard face and fabricate and repair liners.
- Mechanical Skills – Must have some knowledge of industrial tools, tape measure, and other measuring devices, their uses, and maintenance.
- Problem-Solving Skills – Must have the ability to make logical and informed decisions and work independently and as part of a team.
- Welding Skills – Must have welding experience. Must be able to perform brazing, MIG welding, arc welding, and cutting tasks.
- Great Company Culture – Our people share a competitive drive for excellence in an environment of trust, teamwork, open-mindedness, and communication.
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision programs, plus much more.
- Meaningful Work – What sets us apart is that the work we do impacts daily lives – and every employee contributes. The aggregates we produce are used to build roads, schools, hospitals, airports, and housing throughout the United States.
- Prepare for the Future – 401(k) with company match and contribution.
- Rest/Relaxation – Paid vacation, personal floating days, and paid holidays.
- Safety – An industry leader in health and safety standards. We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting all employees and customers.
- Training/Development – We see our development programs and helping our employees meet their goals, as a key part of our business.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit vulcanmat.taleo.net.