Website Waste Management
Welder – Container Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Container|
|Location||Arlington, OR, United States|
Waste Management is a leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. The company makes partnerships with customers and communities to manage and reduce waste from collection to disposal while recovering valuable resources and creating clean, renewable energy.
The company is seeking a Welder who can apply appropriate welds to fabricate or repair compactors, containers, and carts, under general supervision.
- The applicants do not require any education (program) for the position.
- The candidates should have 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- Repairs compactors, containers, and carts.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic, and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems on compactors.
- Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
- Performs service calls for compactor repair.
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Works from prints, drawings, and verbal instructions.
- Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices, and equipment.
- Performs other maintenance-related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Basic skills in welding techniques.
- Have knowledge of pneumatic systems, including air compressors, containers, and carts.
- Have skill in operating tools equipment, parts, and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers, and carts.
- Have knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors.
- Have the ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers, and carts.
- The ability to utilize fleet maintenance software programs may be required.
- The company offers a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term disability, stock purchase plan, company match on 401k, paid vacation, holidays, and personal days.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements rarely.
- The normal setting for this job is a repair/maintenance shop.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- A valid driver’s license.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Disability, and Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wm.com.