Website S&C Electric Company
Welder (Fabrication) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Fabrication|
|Type||Full Time (afternoon shift)|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Company||S&C Electric Company|
S&C Electric Company is a leading provider of switching, protection, and control solutions for electric power systems. The company’s mission is to continually develop new solutions for electricity delivery, fostering the improved efficiency and reliability required for the intelligent grid.
The company is looking for a Welder (Fabrication) who has a passion for innovation and enjoys working as part of a team.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Diploma or Apprenticeship in welding (an asset)
- Possess a minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience welding and setting up welding equipment
- Experience with MIG and TIG welding
- Align components using calipers, rulers, etc. and clamp pieces to lay pieces, parts to achieve the desired result
- Clean and deburr finished weldments and inspect for weld quality and completeness
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- MIG and TIG welding of components
- Operate an overhead or Jib crane to move parts and products in a safe manner
- Read blueprints and welding drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Set up components, fixtures, and equipment for welding according to specifications
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws and ensure that they meet S&C quality standards
- A team player with good communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical documents, or welding process specifications
- Ability to weld different materials and gage sizes such as steel, stainless steel, and aluminum
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of basic math and ability to do calculations using fractions and decimals
- A competitive compensation (100% paid medical benefits, pension plan, annual bonus, and other perks)
- A safe and fun working environment
- Access to S&C University/internal learning platform
S&C Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit ejia.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.