Website Interstate Companies
Welder/Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Surprise, AZ, United States|
Interstate Companies is an industrial distributor, assembler, truck dealer, maintenance, and repair provider. The company is a dynamic organization with five operating units – Interstate Assembly Systems, Interstate Bearing Systems, Interstate Industrial Systems, Interstate Power Systems, and I-State Truck Center.
Southwest Products brings decades of experience engineering and manufacturing custom service vehicles, power generation equipment, and various engine-driven packages including pumps and power units for customers across the world.
Southwest Products is looking for a Welder/Fabricator to join its team.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma.
- Prior weld certification is a plus.
- The candidates should have prior truck body welding experience (preferred)
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs, notify the supervisor or maintenance department.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the job needs.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, or work orders.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Work as a productive team member to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures, or hand layouts to fabricate parts or rework finished products.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.
- Perform welding duties using a MIG welder.
- Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal
- Safety work shoes are required for this position (slip-resistant, steel toe boots, or composite toe boots), partial reimbursement will be provided per the company’s Safety Footwear policy.
- Traditional work schedule, M-F, starting at 4:30 AM. May include occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet business needs.
- 401(K) with company match
- A broad range of health (medical, dental, and vision) insurance options
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company encourages all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.
To apply for this job please visit istate.hrmdirect.com.