Website Lincoln Electric
Welder/Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Cleveland, OH, United States|
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is seeking a welder/fabricator who can be responsible for general sheet metal and structural fabrication.
- The applicants should have a High School Education or Equivalent.
- Must have a basic knowledge and experience in all types of welding processes including Stick, MIG, TIG, Inner shield, Sub Arc, Oxy-acetylene, hard surfacing, Plasma, and Carbon Arc Gouging (Air Arc).
- Ability to pass an AWS D1.1-3/8” Limited Welder Qualification Test using both SMAW (Stick) and GMAW (MIG) welding process.
- Ability to use various measuring devices (tape measure, micrometers, levels, plumb bobs, etc.)
- Must have basic knowledge and experience in proper welding procedures.
- Must have basic knowledge and experience in various fabrication techniques.
- Must have basic knowledge and experience reading mechanical drawings.
- Adjust the schedule and work hours to accomplish the desired result, must be able to work weekends and holidays as required.
- Assist with keeping neat and orderly records on work performed and repairs made.
- Assumes ownership of work tasks and demonstrates initiative to get work completed.
- Builds, assembles, modifies, and repairs machinery and equipment according to requisition documentation, layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings.
- Fabricates metal parts for prototype equipment based on drawings.
- Fabricating parts to the print or within tolerance.
- Make decisions on how to fabricate a part or make a repair when there is no set of directions.
- Order and maintain project-related material as required.
- Oversee maintenance contract and service work as assigned.
- Perform field welding and fabrication during equipment installations or modifications.
- Perform work assignments efficiently while being consistent with good safety practices.
- Performs all tasks under general supervision.
- Provides training and assistance to less experienced Welder/Fabricators.
- Report any maintenance and/or safety issues to the supervisor.
- Review, understand and follow all Company specifications and procedures, and regulatory rules and requirements that are associated with the performance of this job.
- Weld all types of commonly used metals and alloys of various sizes, shapes, and thicknesses, including dissimilar metals such as copper to steel.
- Work with Engineering, Production Team Leads, Foreman, Group Leaders, and fellow tradesmen to accomplish the desired result.
- Other duties as assigned by the department Foreman.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Excellent attendance required.
- May be required to operate basic shop equipment (hoist, forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Must be able to understand and interpret the specifications and procedures related to this job.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Must be able to work in confined areas, climb ladders, and work at heights of 50 feet.
- Must be willing to continuously improve technical skills and knowledge.
- Must possess a basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, safety and quality conscious; requiring minimal supervision.
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.