Website AGI (Ag Growth International)
Welder/Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Oak Bluff, Manitoba, Canada|
|Company||AGI-Ag Growth International|
AGI is a global leader in the planning, engineering, and manufacturing of full equipment solutions and systems across 5 platforms i.e. grain, fertilizer, food, feed, and seed. The company’s specific systems are farm and commercial applications that include storage, handling, structural, processing, and controls. All are brought together with engineering and project management.
The company is seeking a Welder/Fabricator who will be responsible for the welding and assembly of high-quality metal components.
Also, be responsible for reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, operating welding equipment, fabricating metal components, and performing quality checks on the finished products before they leave the area.
There will be a requirement for training on the day shift. You will be moved to the evening shift once all training and onboarding have been completed.
- Applicants should have completed a High School or Equivalent
- Possess 1 to 2 years of welding experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with blueprint and measurement reading
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
- Clean work area and equipment, grind or chip excess metal from welded products
- Complete mechanical installation of bolted assemblies
- Complete tasks while adhering to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure equipment and tools are in good working condition, reporting maintenance services to the evening shift supervisor when required
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet quality specifications
- Other duties as assigned by the department supervisor
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, or work orders
- Some overtime may be required.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work order actions, or verbal instructions ensuring that tolerances are met.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, company rules, policies, and procedures
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- High level of English reading, writing, and comprehension skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid CWB tickets preferred
- The company offers competitive salaries, benefits packages, and employee share purchase plans.
AGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit agi.hiringplatform.com.