Welder/Fabricator Job Highlights
|Ferris, TX, United States
Conexwest is a nationwide storage and shipping container supplier with modification and refurbishment services. The company specializes in supplying, fabricating, and modifying storage and shipping containers (sizes ranging from 10 to 45 feet in length) for various industries.
The company is hiring a Welder/Fabricator who must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead, and have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision welding, cutting, and brazing metal pieces and products by using flame-cutting and hand welding equipment.
Must be able to see details at close range, traverse facilities, and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials, and be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Weld, cut, and braze metal pieces and products by using flame-cutting and hand-welding equipment.
- Not mentioned, a High School Diploma will be a plus
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship or successful completion of an in-company, 3-year training program (required)
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area
- Monitors the welding, burning, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered
- Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded
- Repairs and fabricates various items and equipment using cutting, burning, and welding techniques and equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models, and blueprints
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship OR successful completion of an in-company, three-year training program required
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance, and repair
- Dental Insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Conexwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conexwest.com.