Website Virgin Galactic
Welder Fabricator (GSE) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder Fabricator – GSE|
|Location||Las Cruces, NM, United States|
Virgin Galactic is an aerospace and space travel company, pioneering human spaceflight for private individuals and researchers with our advanced air and space vehicles. The company is developing a spaceflight system designed to connect the world to the wonder and awe created by space travel and to offer customers a transformative experience.
The company is looking for a Welder/Fabricator who will support the commercial space operations department.
The candidates must have a desire to learn something new and possess enthusiasm for the new space industry.
- The applicants are required to possess AWS Certification, D.17.7 AWS Certification Required a Plus, AWS D31.3 Endorsement a Plus
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a welder and the ability to demonstrate proficiency
- Check work, using scales, square, template or samples, for conformance to cut list
- Determine Weld and fabricate from a variety of metals
- Follow blueprints, rough sketches, or engineer drawings to shape metal to meet product specifications
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area at all times, free of dirt, clutter, and debris. Both gear and workspace are to maintain a “showroom” standard
- Select appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to a paperless environment, using tablets to receive and record maintenance tasks via MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operations) software
- Ability to set up tooling and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support operational needs
- Displays sound judgment, with the ability to make accurate and timely decisions
- Familiarity with tools and equipment related to fabricating metal (brakes, presses, shears, welding machines, plasma cutters) is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Knowledge on how to lathes, milling machine, drill press, grinders, and saws
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record that will pass the criteria set by our insurance carrier for on-the-job coverage
- Must possess strong motivational, organizational, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Sound ability to interpret printed or electronic maintenance manuals
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-virgingalactic.icims.com.