Welder/Fabricator III Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (Swing Shift)|
|Location||Eugene, OR, United States|
Arcimoto develops products and technologies that catalyze the shift to a sustainable transportation system. The company devises and adopts new technologies and patterns of mobility that together raise the bar for environmental efficiency, footprint, and affordability.
The company is looking for a Welder Fabricator who will join metal components using the GMAW process.
Follows blueprints and specifications. Inspects parts, equipment, and structure. Follow and maintain knowledge of safety protocols.
The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metals and their properties is essential.
- The applicants should have formal training through a Vocational or Technical School
- Relevant Welder or Welding Fabricator Certifications
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience in welding and fabrication
- Knowledge of specific welding processes, such as TIG, and MIG
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter
- Interpret blueprints and weld symbols; weld parts in flat, vertical, or overhead positions using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Maintain Quality standards throughout the department
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of the material
- Position, align, fit, clamp, tack, and weld parts in the assigned work area
- Safely move work-pieces into position, with forklifts or overhead cranes
- Study Blueprints and Bill of Materials (BOM’s) to determine material specifications and task sequences; verify conformance of materials according to layout and blueprint specifications using jigs, fixtures, squares, rulers, and measuring tapes
- Other duties assigned
- Ability to access data on a computer and accurately enter information
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, and upper management
- Ability to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications
- Ability to use a variety of tools and equipment
- Ability to use heavy machinery, such as forklifts and cranes (forklift certification)
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of industry safety practices
- Knowledge of physical properties and welding characteristics of a variety of metals
- The noise level in the AMP can be moderate to loud some of the time
- Medical Insurance – HDHP 100% employee premium paid by employer, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Paid Time Off, Possible Stock Options, AFLAC Option, 401k Option, Incent Fit Reimbursement Program
Arcimoto provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arcimoto, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply for this job please visit arcimoto.applicantpro.com.