Website Dairy Farmers of America
Welder/Fabricator/Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Perryville, MO, United States|
|Company||Dairy Farmers of America|
Dairy Farmers of America is farmer-owned. It focuses on securing markets and increasing value for our members throughout the entire dairy chain. The services include milk marketing cooperative, dairy foods processing, member farm services/programs, dairy products, and ingredients manufacturing.
The company is searching for a Welder/Fabricator/Mechanic who will be responsible for performing all types of tank trailer repair including but not limited to mechanical repair, welding, grinding, polishing, cutting, and fabricating operations.
- The applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- Technical/Vocational School Graduation or equivalent apprenticeship
- Possess work experience in the related field such as-
-Experience in TIG/MIG welding
-Experience in welding stainless steel, aluminum, and mild steel
-Experience with mechanical assembly
-General knowledge of air operated braking systems
-General knowledge of air and spring ride suspension systems
-General knowledge of ABS and diagnostics
- Apply sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job
- Appropriately dispose of damaged materials
- Attend departmental training, such as safety and equipment training
- Furnish personal hand tools
- Handle, position, move, and install materials using arms and hands and manipulating things
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, and perform preventative maintenance and general repairs to company and DOT standards
- Keep track of materials used in order to maintain inventory control
- Label and store salvage parts for future reinstallation
- Lay out and examine metalwork pieces or stock to be processed to make sure that client specifications are met
- Locate and mark workpiece cutting and bending lines, allowing for welding and machine shrinkage, stock thickness, and any other component specifications
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly working area
- Perform cutting, aligning, fitting, and welding operations for repairs/modification or design related to new equipment
- Perform grinding and polishing to 3A standards when required
- Perform repairs to air brake and suspension systems
- Properly record time spent and material used on daily worksheets
- Read and interpret engineering and assembly drawings
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as rolls, brakes, drill presses, grinders, and shears, in order to cut, form, drill, bend and punch
- Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety, and environmental policies
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Able to follow directions
- Able to lift over 70 lbs.
- Able to operate required tools and equipment
- Able to perform basic welding for repair and fabrication (Mig/Tig/Stick)
- Able to perform tasks and duties without constant supervision
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, assembly drawings, etc.
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work overtime
- Able to work well with others
- May occasionally require overnight travel
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Dairy Farmers of America is an Equal Employment Employer. It is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.