Welder Field Engineering Technician Job Highlights
|Welder Technician (Field Engineering)
|Norfolk, VA, United States
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is searching for a Welder Technician (Field Engineering) with a background in Navy shipboard or submarine systems maintenance or design to help maintain former Navy and Coast Guard ships.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 8 years of progressive experience is required in the servicing and maintenance of ship or submarine systems including the planning of the field services
- 5 years of experience obtained servicing hardware aboard ships or submarines
- Must be a certified welder able to weld aluminum and steel used in shipbuilding.
- Assist in reviewing production contractor Work Items, access cut plans, design calculations, and other structural engineering-related documents for accuracy and technical acceptability.
- Assist the Lead Engineer and the Senior Naval Architects in welding assessments and engineering problems.
- Coordinate with other engineering personnel, production and maintenance team, ships force, NAVSEA, and others as required to develop solutions for naval architecture-related issues.
- Interface with cognizant executing activity and shipyard representatives on final design products for technical accuracy and conformance to applicable requirements before final acceptance.
- Interface with the Lead Engineer to address ship non-conformances, assess risk, and provide recommendations for new and existing ship structural and material DFSs.
- Interface with project personnel on all matters about program management, administration, and work assignments for this program.
- Investigate complex and diverse engineering problems presented.
- Perform engineering analytical tasks to identify and correct system deficiencies and provide technical solutions in the form of drawings, memoranda, reports, and sketches.
- Perform ship checks and provide detailed reports documenting welding and structural issues, and recommended repairs.
- Prepare layout and detail drawings and sketches for varied and complex design projects, such as SHIPALTs and repairs.
- Support Project Support Engineer and Coordinator for handling all technical issues that arise.
- When tasked, review SARs, and design technical products, and deliverables with supporting estimates for final review by the Government in support of the accomplishment of maintenance.
- Ability to obtain a secret US government clearance.
- US citizenship is required to obtain a secret clearance.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS (approx. 25%).
- Ability to obtain a United States Passport.
- Ability to work both at a desk and deck plate (hands-on).
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work onsite and remotely.
- The company offers a variety of benefit options including medical, dental, and vision plans; health care flexible spending; employee assistance plans; disability benefits; 401k savings plans; holidays and paid time off; tuition assistance program.
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.