Website Stanley Black & Decker
Welder/Fitter (3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder-Fitter 3rd Shift|
|Location||Akron, OH, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
Stanley Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world-class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty, and Pengo.
The company (Stanley Infrastructure) is hiring a Welder/Fitter who will lay out, position, align, and fit together fabricated parts of structural metal products in the shop, according to blueprint and layout specifications, preparatory to welding.
Fabrication of parts will also be included in this roll.
Cross-trained responsibility within the Value Stream.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates are expected to have some previous work experience.
- Aligns parts, using jack, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, hammer, and fixtures where available.
- Aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for a welder to weld, tack (welding).
- Fabrication of parts may be assigned
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Lays out and positions.
- Lifts, moves and holds, or clamps workpieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed, manually or by using hoist, pry bars, wrenches, hammer, and wedges.
- Performs related tasks, such as grinding
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Positions or tightens braces, jacks, clamps, or bolt straps, or bolts parts in positions for welding.
- Any other duties or tasks as may be deemed necessary by the Plant Supervisor
- Agility/Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Courage/Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
- Inclusivity/Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity/Accountability – Operate with the highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
- Medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more.
Note: Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.