Website Taylor Machine Works
Welder/Fitter Job Highlights
|Location||Philadelphia, MS, United States|
|Company||Taylor Machine Works|
Taylor Machine Works, designs, engineers, and manufactures industrial lift equipment. The Company offers industrial pneumatic tires, container handlers, industrial solid tires, log stackers, marina trucks, and other used equipment.
The company is seeking a Welder/Fitter to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass TABE Test.
- Candidates with previous work experience will be considered a plus.
- Between burning nests, thoroughly inspect and maintain the entire machine especially the torches.
- Call down the Burn Nest Program through the Burning Machine Control, commanding the control to retrieve and store the nest program.
- Closely observe the operation of the burning machine while it is processing parts.
- Initiate the process of burning a plate nest with the appropriate nest program and proper burning machine on a plate.
- Lays out, tacks, and welds out weldments using hand and semi-automatic equipment. Sets voltages and/or amperage for various thicknesses of material.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, including facilities, exercising care in the use of the facilities performing routine maintenance (minor adjustments and oiling), and assisting on other repairs (both minor and major) when required.
- Makes necessary repairs and adjustments.
- Must be very observant of the torches to ensure they are in working condition while they are in use.
- On occasion, required to process parts using some of the standard shapes stored in the burning machine control, entering data variables for each different shape.
- Performs all duties and areas of responsibility in accordance with established operational procedures to ensure efficiency, quality, and conformance to applicable OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Secure job assignment and partial instruction for diverse work, complex facilities, and conventional materials.
- To function as a member of the welding group producing expected workloads at the skill level required to output the highest quality product set by your department.
- To function as a welder fitter on new and used assemblies as well as the repair of various steel structures and component parts.
- Uses protective equipment when observing cutting operations.
- Performs various other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to operate an electric eye-burning table.
- Must be able to pass welding test. Must have welding skills in layout and sheet metal fabrication.
- Must be able to produce jigs, templates, and tools that will increase efficiency.
- Must have the ability to operate a forklift.
- Must have the ability to rig heavy equipment for lifting installation techniques.
- Must have specific knowledge of the use of structural steel parts, weldments, assemblies, various filler metal, various gasses, soapstone, crayons, etc.
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints, related drawings, schematics, and manuals as they relate to the welding process.
Taylor Machine Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit taylorgroup.jobs.net.