Website BAE Systems
Welder I Job Highlights
|Location||Anniston, AL, United States|
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
Platforms and Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes, and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 6 to 12 months of work experience in MIG welding and plasma arc burning.
- Equivalent documented vocational education/training in welding may be substituted for the six to twelve months of work experience.
- Inspecting work using precision measuring instruments.
- Operating manual and semi-automatic welding equipment.
- Operating oxy-fuel cutting equipment as well as a plasma torch for the purpose of cutting.
- Operating pneumatic tooling such as grinders, sanders, drills, and threaded hole tapping equipment for the purpose of fit-up.
- Performing setup and operating machining equipment such as radial drill, drill presses, routing equipment, and positive feed air drills.
- Using fixtures and templates to locate features.
- Working from engineering drawings, operation sheets, process sheets, and project specifications.
- Must be able to complete required shop floor paperwork and documentation.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to use precision instruments to inspect completed work.
- Must have a working knowledge of technical math and the ability to read, interpret, and apply engineering drawings and/or work instructions.
- Must pass vertical/visual weld certification course and test in either aluminum or steel.
- Work requires physical dexterity necessary to work in small areas, ability to wear a respiratory device, and ability to endure high-temperature areas.
BAE Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer – females, minorities, veterans, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.