Welder I Job Highlights
|Location||Longmont, CO, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewables, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is hiring a Welder who will work in the oil and gas petrochemical or industrial construction industry.
- Not any special education is required, yet having a High School Diploma is considered a plus.
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of welding experience.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO’s or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Demonstrate ability to assist craft person installation, demolition, and other procedures specific to the craft
- Demonstrate ability to perform manual excavation
- Demonstrate ability to work with a craft person
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Identify, recognize and select appropriate materials related to specific crafts
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) man lifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- The employee is expected to work using all the safety equipment that OSHA requires as well as what is required by Wood
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- The employee must be able to use a standard and/or metric ruler to measure
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.