Welder I Job Highlights
|Location||Jal, NM, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewables, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is looking for a Welder who will work in the oil and gas petrochemical or industrial construction industry.
- No education is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of welding experience.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO’s or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Demonstrate ability to assist craft person installation, demolition, and other procedures specific to the craft
- Demonstrate ability to perform manual excavation
- Demonstrate ability to work with a craft person
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Identify, recognize and select appropriate materials related to specific crafts
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) man lifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- The employee is expected to work using all the safety equipment that OSHA requires as well as what is required by Wood
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Judgment/Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- The employee must be able to use a standard or metric ruler to measure
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list) race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.