Welder I Job Highlights
|Location||Kokomo, IN, United States|
Atkore is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electrical, mechanical, and safety infrastructure solutions to power and protects the world. The company manufactures electrical conduit, cable management systems, armored cable, metal framing, and security products and solutions and is a recent recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification.
The company is looking for a Welder I who will be responsible for performing skilled MIG & TIG welding operations for fabrication and structural welds.
The position will report to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- AWS Certification or Technical School Welding Certificate
- Possess 6+ months of welding experience
- Ability to interpret specifications and read blueprints
- Adhere to all Life-Saving Rules, including Lockout, Tagout (LOTO), Machine Guarding/Bypassing Safety Controls, and Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) safety protocols
- Determine the correct gas ratios needed to perform the weld
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method needed based on the requirements of the job
- Determine weld amperage and wire feed/speed needed to perform the weld
- Diagnose and troubleshoot when adjustments are needed
- Ensure all equipment being used is properly set up and used in a safe manner
- Ensure quality standards are met for parts produced; notify appropriate support for nonconforming parts
- Ensure Safety, Delivery, Quality, and Cost metrics are met daily
- Must maintain production standards to meet internal and external customer demand
- Must perform First-Piece Inspection, as well as all required subsequent inspections
- Must perform welding operations in accordance with set specifications and configuration
- Must select the appropriate weld fixture based on the welded design
- Operate an Angle Grinder to prepare parts for welding and to touch up surface defects
- Perform setup, adjustments, and operation of welding machines within the department
- Perform skilled MIG and TIG welding technique
- Regularly clean and inspect welding equipment and tools
- Replace wire, filters, and gas cradles as needed
- Responsible for assessing welded surfaces, structures, and components to ensure weld accuracy and identify weld errors
- Responsible for completing the Hour-by-Hour board(s) for the duration of the shift
- Responsible for following the Order Board process to ensure on-time delivery
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding hourly rate goals
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all paperwork, transactions, tags, etc.
- Select the right parts to produce the needed component
- Set components for welding according to specifications to ensure safe and effective assemblage
- Support 5S initiatives in assigned work areas
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to follow standard work processes and operate with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to learn to use and maintain equipment and machinery
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to squat, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work a 10-hour shift in a non-climate-controlled manufacturing environment
- Basic math and verbal skills
- Demonstrate Atkore Core Values – Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence
- The flexibility of shift scheduling, to include overtime and weekends
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations and PPE requirements
- Must possess a positive attitude, be a team player, and have a strong work ethic
- Please list experience, qualification; or prior success in any position at Atkore on your resume.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.