Website Trane Technologies
Welder I (MIG) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder I (MIG)|
|Location||Hastings, NE, United States|
Trane Technologies, we challenge possible by thinking bigger, acting bolder, and taking action. The company’s brands include Trane® and Thermo King® that create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands, and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team for various welding activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of the GMAW 1 welding course through Central Community College
- Certifications – Forklift, if applicable; Aluminum, and Steel
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related field.
- Perform welding and grinding operations on assemblies using wire feed arc welding machines
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand TK prints for a specific department.
Introductory Level: Primary focus is learning the process
- Ability to learn, understand and adhere to standard work
- Basic understanding, support, and commitment to the team and continuous improvement
- Follows rules of conduct at all times
- Identifies possible solutions when communicating problems
- Resolves the problems at the lowest level possible
- Responsive to internal and external customer needs
- Successful completion of introductory period (6 months)
- Supports and demonstrates a well-organized, safe, and clean workplace
- Understands the importance of safety, quality, delivery, and cost
- Understand, accept, and support the vision and key business goals
Essential Functions (Maximum Timeframe 6 months)
- Able to successfully complete 30 minutes of standard work within Takt.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to identify, load/unload jigs and fixtures
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to use all required measuring equipment
- Complete blueprint reading training and/or demonstrate the ability to read and understand Thermo King welding blueprints
- Demonstrate ability to make minor adjustments on machines, including maintenance by meeting department checklist requirements
- Demonstrate good quality welds in both aluminum and/or steel by meeting department requirements
- Have a basic understanding of documentation (examples include ISO, Windchill, Kanban, and TKSs).
- Successfully complete and maintain two of the necessary certifications
Qualified Level: Primary focus is performing the essential duties of the position
- Certifies others to standard work
- Competent use of the 9 Step Problem Solving Process
- Is committed to a continuous self-development plan
- Pursues process improvements
- Sets-up processes without assistance
- Supports team and cross-functional activities
- Understands area quality requirements
- Works to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost
Essential Functions (Maximum Timeframe 12 months)
- Able to achieve and maintain all department productivity standards
- Able to achieve and maintain all department quality standards
- Able to successfully complete 60 minutes of standard work within Takt
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to operate one robotic welding cell
- Must have successfully completed and maintained all necessary welding certifications for the position
- Adoption Assistance
- Back-up Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Health Progress
- Medical Plan with Health Savings Account
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Holiday Time Off
Trane Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit ttcareers.referrals.selectminds.com.