Website Jim Myers & Sons
Welder I Job Highlights
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
|Company||Jim Myers & Sons|
Jim Myers & Sons (JMS) is a nationally recognized equipment manufacturer leading the way in the municipal water and wastewater industry. All the designed equipment and the systems are developed in-house by utilizing the latest AutoCAD, 3-D modeling, and FEA/CFD technologies, along with our proprietary design software.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its Manufacturing Team contributing to the safety culture, providing high productivity, high-quality welds, flexibility in assignments, and supporting continuous improvement.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Pass the GTAW vertical test
- The candidates should have 5+ years of relevant experience in the related field.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Follow established safety and quality policies, procedures, and practices
- Maintain and complete all required documentation and electronic records
- Perform MIG and TIG welds on a variety of thicknesses, sizes, and orientations of equipment
- Read and interpret engineered drawings and job travelers
- Safely use overhead crane and lifting equipment
- Use basic hand tools such as tape measure, level, square, etc.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Basic tool and shop knowledge
- Knowledge of fabrication processes such as bending, punching, welding, etc.
- Perform mathematical calculations required for fabrication
- Read tape measure
- Understand and be comfortable adding and subtracting fractions and decimals
Jim Myers & Sons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.jmsequipment.com.